Notice of Copyright Infringement
The owners of this website (hereafter: CodeStoria.Com) will respond expeditiously to allegations and claims of copyright violations and infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. CodeStoria.Com provides a process for copyright owners, or authorized individuals to act on behalf of an owner of the copyright or of any exclusive right holder under the copyright to report notification to us concerning alleged copyright infringement. If you believe copyright infringement has occurred and your work has been copied, please report your notice of copyright infringement to CodeStoria.Com by completing and submitting our contact form or by mailing written notification.
To File a Notification
- An electronic or physical signature must be provided by the owner or the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identify the allegedly infringed work that is copyrighted, or, if multiple copyrighted works are allegedly infringed then provide a list of the works in a single notification. Sufficient detail of the copyrighted work must be provided to properly and quickly address your claim (describe in detail the work you own).
- Identify the work that is claimed to be infringing on your copyright and provide reasonably sufficient information to permit CodeStoria.Com to locate the work that is to be investigated, removed or have its access disabled.
- For example “The work that I am claiming is infringing on my copyright is located on “A Page Name” where it’s being used as website content“.
- Provide a reasonably sufficient method and information to permit CodeStoria.Com to contact you. This information should include your name, address, telephone number and, if available, an email address.
- Include a statement that signifies that you or the party making a claim has a good-faith believe that use of the work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- For example “I have good faith belief that the use of the work described is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or by protection of law.”
- Provide a statement of accuracy for the information contained in your notification and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- For example “I am certain and swear under penalty of perjury, that I am the copyright owner or that I am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed and that the information in my notification is accurate.”
Send written claims of copyright infringement on or regarding this Website to the designated Copyright Agent at CodeStoria.Com:
CodeStoria.Com, Attn: Copyright Agent
1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801, Toronto, Ontario M5E-1W7, Canada
Alternatively, you may send notification to us using our online contact form.
Note: In the event of false claims, the DMCA provides that you may be liable for damages, including costs and attorney fees, if you falsify claims of copyright infringement. If you are unsure whether work is protected by copyright laws you may wish to consult an attorney prior to making a claim.
Additional Sources of Information regarding the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)